Make a quick and easy patriotic wreath and display your love of the Red, White & Blue!
Supplies: *One straw wreath
*1/2yd each of red & white
*1/4yd blue felt
*white wooden stars
*awl, or sharp tool (a
1) Cut each of the three felt colors into square 3-1/2"x3-1/2" (amount you need will vary according to size of the wreath)
2) To assemble, find center of the squares, and using awl, poke and press felted piece into the straw wreath. The pieces will stay secure, however, if you want to dab a small amount of glue onto the felted square that will doubly secure them in place. I was in a hurry and did not add the glue. My wreath has hung for Memorial Days, Veterans Days and 4th of Julys for three years now, and was packed and moved across three different states, and remains secure.
3) Poke in as many in each color as is pleasing to you. The fuller the better.
4) Using hot glue gun, attach white wooden stars onto the blue felt pieces.
5) Wrap pieces of white wire around a pencil to create the corkscrew. Poke wire corkscrews randomly around the stars and in the blue area.
6) Using an over-the-door wreath hook, proudly hang your wreath for all to see.
God Bless America
Always be your creative self!